Designed to fit almost any outboard
• Fits engines with or without tilt tube as per ABYC/NMMA/BIA standards, provided they have a 3/8" 24 UNF thread in the steering arm
• Twin axis, swivelling mount end enables cylinder to be located in most splashwells
• Anodised alloy cylinder body for reduced friction and extended seal life
• Chromed stainless steel push rod for longer seal life. Nothing gets you closer to power steering!
• Every bearing point within the helm pump runs on either a roller or ball bearing race for super low friction, smooth, positive steering.
• The helm pump has a built-in lock valve to prevent the steering load from feeding back to the driver
Single outboard driven craft to 300HP maximum
Twin non-counter rotating outboard installations to 300HP maximum
Twin counter rotating outboard installations to 450HP maximum
Maximum speed 50 knots
Twin engine applications require an additional tie bar BLA code 291199
Cylinder displacement 152.1cc (9.3cu.in) / 180.9cc (11 cu.in), Bore 31.7mm (1.25"), Stroke 228mm (9"), 5.5/6.5 turns lock to lock.
N.B. Unbalanced cylinders have unequal wheel turns. When the helm is turned one turn, a certain volume of fluid is pumped into the cylinder. On one side of an unbalanced cylinder's piston is the push rod, which reduces the effective cylinder volume. The cylinder area on the other side of the piston has no push rod. The rod side of the piston will move faster per turn of the wheel because less space is available for fluid than on the side with no rod.
SINGLE UNBALANCED CYLINDERS CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH SEASTAR PRO HELM.
Complete kit contains:
1 x 291008 Splashwell Cylinder
1 x 291502 Helm - SeaStar 1.7 front mount
1 x 292997 Hose kit - nylon semi-rigid 15m
2 x 293610 Olive and nut kits
3 x 291902 1 litre Teleflex oil
For extra steering station add:
1 x 291502 Helm - SeaStar 1.7 - front mount
1 x 293604 Add a station/pilot fitting kit
1 x 291902 1 litre Teleflex oil