Performance: This pivoting cylinder from SeaStar offers the incredible steering ease and reliability that puts SeaStar cylinders way ahead of the competition. Throughout the steering arc there simply isn' t anything that feels better to drive!
Simplicity: Will bolt up to virtually any outboard you' d want to put SeaStar hydraulic steering on. Integral bleeders and few components make installation a snap. Less moving parts and improved seals boost durability and reduce maintenance.
Reliability: SeaStar took it' s previous cylinder' s outstanding design to the next level, improving seals, bearings, fittings and corrosion protection.
• 20% less effort at hard-over than competitive systems
• Rigid tilt tube mount for no-compromise performance
• Unique pivoting tiller connection allows full engine articulation with independent tilt and trim on twin engines
• Ultra corrosion resistant construction. Painted components are anodised before coating for extra protection
• Small footprint fits virtually all splashwells
• Meets ABYC standards/NMMA requirements
The Seastar Front Mount steering cylinder is available as a seperate component, or to simplify purchasing we offer basic complete systems.
A Front Mount thru bulkhead hydraulic basic single engine kit includes the following:
1 x 291003 Front Mount cylinder
1 x 291502 1.7 front mount helm
1 x 292997 15m x 3/8" nylon semi rigid tube
2 x 29300X Outboard hoses (the X refering to the length of outboard hose in feet)
1 x 293630 thru bulkhead fitting kit
2 x 293610 olive and nut kits
3 x 291902 Hydraulic steering oil
Note: The 29159x steering kits include the universal Front Mount cylinder that suits most brands of outboards. Some Honda, 77 to 90 Evinrude and Johnson, and Yamaha outboards require a special cylinder. Download PDF for full details
136.6cc (8.34cu. in) displacement, 35mm (1.375") bore, 203mm (8") stroke, 544mm (21")