FixSeal MSP15 is a high quality single component joint sealant with high adhesive strength. It is based on MS-Polymer, chemically neutral and fully elastic.
For use in low movement joints in construction, automotive, marine and aerospace areas where a mould resistant tough flexible rubber is required.
Recommended for fixing and sealing of porous and non porous substrates including all metal types, most plastics, glass, carbon fibre, fibreglass, timber and many other components and parts found on marine vessels.
- High bond strength on nearly all surfaces
- Excellent adhesion on porous and non porous substrates
- High performance mechanical properties
- Flexible elastic rubber - movement accommodation up to 20 %
- Straightforward application even in adverse conditions
- No bubble formation within sealant (in high temperature and humidity applications)
- Primerless adhesion (except where capillary water pressure can occur)
- Very easy to tool and finish
- Good extrudability and UV resistance
- Ecological advantages - free of isocyanates, solvents, halogens and acids.
- Minimal health and safety considerations
- Can be painted with all water based paints and many other systems
- Resistance to many chemicals
- No staining of porous materials such as natural stone, granite, marble, etc
- Sealing and bonding in the building industry
- Sealing of trafficated floor joints and low movement wall joints
- Joints in high rise construction
- Structural bonding in vibration constructions
- Connection joints in sheet metal fabrication
- Supple bonding in car bodies, caravans and containers
|Skin Formation *||Ca. 10 min. (20°C/65% R.V.)|
|Curing Rate *||2-3mm/24h (20°C/65% R.V.)|
|Hardness||45±5 Shore A|
|Cleaning||White Spirit or Surface Cleaner|
|Change in volume||<2%|
|Temperature Resistance (fully cured)||-40°C until +90°C|
|Elasticity Modulus 100%||0,9N/mm2 (DIN 53504)|
|Tear Strength||2,0N/mm2 (DIN 53504)|
|Elongation at break||>640% (DIN 53504)|
* these values may vary depending on environmental factors such as temperature, moisture, and types of substrates
Cassell's have personally used this product to mount skegs, fins, cav plates etc and can highly recommend it.